luni, 15 iulie 2013

.003#/fâşii

I stared at the dark-emerald sunset, listening to the waves hitting the docks. Apart from the rowdiness from the bar, there was quiet. The sun sinking slowly in the vast green ocean was a special sight, a view meant for relaxation, it always made me calm. But that day I got the feeling of the calm before the storm.
I looked then up, melancholically at the sky, imagining it blue.They say that back on the Good Old Earth, the sky is (or used to be?) blue. Since I heard of this fact I catch myself trying to picture this sky blue.How blue was it, anyhow? It was a blue specific to the sky. So how could I imagine it? I also heard that the sky color was in fact some kind of purple, but the human eye perceived it as blue.
A pat on the shoulder woke me suddenly from my daydreaming.
'I heard ya wanna' talk with me?' the pirate said.
If there is any illustrated dictionary, I'm pretty sure that at the word "pirate" there would be a profile picture of this fellow right here. He was as standard as standard can be. Red bandana on the head, eye-patch over his left eye socket, hook instead of right hand. His face was unshaved and I could notice a couple of scars too. Unintentionally I thought of the Good Old Earth stories again, about the pirates that used to inhabit it centuries ago.
'Yes, sir. I heard that you can put me in contact with a mysterious bounty hunter.'
'Aye, I can' he replied. 'Shall we get a beer?'
'Aye, we shall' I replied unintentionally with my usual strong empathy.
The rowdiness shocked my ears in the second we opened the bar door. It was crowded with all sorts of pirates, tourists, bounty hunters, cyborgs and merchants. An intuitive feeling told me that there were surely some undercover agents of Destiny there too. They're everywhere.
The only free place was at a table in the back right next to a large window with the view at the ocean. There were only two fishermen wearing huge yellow raincoats. Their faces couldn't be seen, their hats were projecting a lot of shadow.
'Oy' - the pirate whispered in my ear - 'see those two fellows right there? They are undercover agents, I know that 100% sure, trust me. We are obliged to have a casual chit-chat until they leave'
I don't know for how much did we sit at that table until the spooky fishermen left. Our conversation was going on, getting me bored. We talked about usual stuff like any men talk when they just met each other. There more I stared in his mouth, there more teeth seemed to be missing. I couldn't help myself but to ask how he managed the performance to loose that many.
'Tooth-fairies raid' he answered simply.
Never saw Tooth-fairies, but by the look of the victim in front of me, they can be even more violent than the Cupids. I felt how my subconscious already started to develop a phobia of those devilish creatures. I hoped that the bounty hunter fought Tooth-fairies too. I noted to myself to ask about them after I learn how to fight Cupids.
This world started to seem more and more dangerous to me.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu